For those thinking about buying a GPS collar, there are a few things that you need to know. One of the first things to note is that a dog collar can increase the chances of you finding your lost pet. In one survey 2% of cats and 15% of dogs were returned to their owners because of their collar id. Millions of pets are placed into shelters and are euthanized. To prevent this from happening it is important to have a GPS collar around your pets neck.
Some Features of GPS Collars
Many new Gps collars come with a variety of options that make finding and tracking your pets easier. Some of these collars come with GPS technology that can be tracked from your cellphone. This means that you will always have access to the whereabouts of your dog or cat. These pet collars are waterproof and theft proof so you don’t have to worry about the GPS tracker malfunctioning. Most of the batteries in the collars are rechargeable and will last for a long period of time. The price of these GPS collars can be anywhere between $150-$500 depending on the model and features available.
Two Great Types of GPS Collars for pets
RoamEO Pet Monitor System
The RoamEO Pet Monitor System provides you with an easy way to keep track of your dogs. This pet monitoring device comes with a handset and collar that communicate with each other via GPS.
Benefits of Using the RoamEO
- This tracker provides you with a 500 acre range of tracking
- Makes use of satellite and radio signals for unparalleled tracking
- The collar is adjustable and fits around any dog’s neck
- Ready to use out of the box
- No subscriptions needed
- Comes standard with a battery and charger
Drawback of Using the RoamEo
- May lose signal in heavy forest coverage
- May take longer than 2 minutes to find tracking device
Tagg The Pet Tracker
Tagg The Pet Tracker provides you with advanced information on your pet’s location.
Benefits of Using the Tagg The Pet Tracker
- Provides user with a GPS tracking monitors
- Option of text messages or email messages that alert you to your pets location
- Health monitoring charts to keep you updated on your dog’s status
- Great for pets over 10 pounds
- Free application for Android and Iphone smartphones
- Compare pets daily activities to long term ones
- Share information with veterinarian offices
- Battery life between 2 to 3 days
Drawbacks of using the Tagg The Pet Tracker
- Not advised for smaller pets weighing less than 10 pounds
- Can be broken by rough and tumble play
Millions of pets go missing every year. With a good pet tracker your dog can avoid being placed in a dog pound. Both of these products mentioned above will provide you with the confidence and security of a good GPS tracking device. You can now keep your pet out of harms way by staying up to date with their whereabouts.